Calallen Gypsy MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Calallen Gypsy MC

Chapter of The Gypsy Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down

Go down 
+2
RADAR
Roundman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roundman
Lifer
Roundman

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Empty
PostSubject: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:51 am

I received word that Ronnie and Cynthia Hoelscher went down on their bike Saturday. They were in route to hook up with the chapter and ride down to the Kingsville chapter toy run. I do not have details of the cause of the wreck. They were taken to Memorial Hospital in Corpus Christi for evaluation. I was told that Ronnie was kind of "banged around" but nothing to serious. Cynthia had a broken arm above the wrist and also shaken up and "banged around". Both were to be there 24hrs for observation, and possible release today.
My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you.
If you have more information, or mine needs correcting please post. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Roundman
Lifer
Roundman

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 pm

I received this update from "Snapshot" and would like to thank her.

Hi all

Just wanted to give all the latest on Ronnie and Cindy Hoelscher.

James, Denise, Ronnie, & I went to see them today. They are both still in ICU and may be

for another couple of days. They did more CT scans today and found more fractures on

both of them.

Cindy has 2 fractures in her left arm (wrist and elbow), a fractured right ankle, and a fracture of her right shoulder or collarbone. Her face is really bruised and swollen.

Ronnie has a fractured right wrist, fractured ribs, and a compression fracture of the T 7

vertebrae.

They were both still in alot of pain, but alert and talking. They were even joking and laughing some.

Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital

2606 Hospital (off Morgan Ave.)

Corpus Christi

361-902-4000

They are in ICU-2 (the trauma ICU unit) Rooms 23 and 24.

Visiting hours are 8:30-9:30 12:30-1:30 4:30-5:30 and 8:30-9:30

Will keep you informed when we hear any more news from them.

We told them that everyone was thinking of them and wishing them a

speedy recovery.

Snap Shot
Back to top Go down
RADAR
Patch Holder
RADAR

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 am

Dont think I ever got to meet them prior to moving out of Texas but my thoughts and prayers are with them for a quick and full recovery.

LL&R,
RADAR
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gypsyradar
Sweetness
Patch Holder
Sweetness

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:43 am

Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down 443055nqwz1cd0mk
Oh my gosh I sure hope they are doing ok...my prayers and thoughts are with Ronnie and Cyndie and Get well soon!

let us know how they are doing!!!

LL&R
GFFG
Sweetness
Back to top Go down
http://calallengypsymc.net
Gypsy Bikerack
Patch Holder
Gypsy Bikerack

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia"   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:57 am

Thanks to you Roundman and Sylvia for keeping us informed on what is going on with Ronnie and Cyndie. I was unable to go see them today, (it was time for me to pick Jamie up in Roundrock) but I do plan to make it up there tomorrow.
Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down 13442

Love ya both Ronnie and Cyndie! Hope to see yall up and around real soon!!!

Big Gypsy Hugs!!!
Bikerack
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/crazy_countrygirl
Sweetness
Patch Holder
Sweetness

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 pm

I saw Ronnie and Cyndie this evening....they are doing as well as expected....Ronnie was working from his ICU bed..... scratch I thought that he was on vacation?...just kidding Ronnie..heck of a way to get a vacation....he was in some pain when he would laugh so tried not to make him laugh too much...he had a MRI today to check out his back and ribs and will have surgery tomorrow on his wrist.....

and Cyndie has a black eye....and some road rash on her face...and she said that she had surgery on her wrist and they are going to do surgery on her elbow tomorrow.....I believe she said that her ankle was hurt as well...can't remember if she said fractured and her shoulder too.....she seem to be in a lot of pain....but that doesn't keep her from being that sweet bubbly girl.....we love you Cyndie...and Ronnie too...and we hope you get out soon...after all you have a opening party to go to!!! cheers

well take care....and we will be seeing you soon,.
Love ya,
Sweetness
GFFG
Back to top Go down
http://calallengypsymc.net
Roundman
Lifer
Roundman

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:19 am

I talked to Ronnie this morning, to wish him and Cyndie a "Happy Thanksgiving". Yeah right...how good can hospital food be? Anyway, Ronnie said they are out of ICU and his room is 421 and Cyndie is in 423. They are trying to get one room together but the hospital is reluctant because of possible chart and medication mix-ups. They were in Ronnie's room this morning just finishing up breakfast. Ronnie's wrist surgery went well and they are now looking at his T-7 vertebra, he tried a back brace yesterday but was in much pain. He will try again today. The doctor told him this morning if he could not wear the brace then he would consider surgery and "fuse" the vertebra. Ronnie will consider this and make a decision by Monday.
Cyndie will have surgery on her elbow Monday and maybe her ankle also, don't know if both will be on the same day or not.
They are in good spirit and both wanting to get out. They enjoy the calls and visits, so let's keep it up.
Quick Info:
Hospital pho# (361)902-4000 then ask for the room
Room# Ronnie is in 421 and Cyndie is in 423
Ronnie's Cell pho # (361)815-3035

Let's stay close in touch, letting them know we care. And keep them in your prayers.
Back to top Go down
Roundman
Lifer
Roundman

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:48 pm

I talked to Ronnie today (3:30pm) he is in room 4208 of Spohn Shoreline. He was moved here Monday, so they could start therapy on him. He says he is still wearing a chest brace to help support his back and will be wearing it for about 3 months. If all goes as planned he will be released Tuesday Dec. 9th. (pray this happens).
Cindy was released yesterday and is in a wheelchair. She has a full cast on her left arm with pins and things sticking out of it. Also a cast on her right foot. Keep these guys in your prayers.
For info:
Spohn Shoreline, Room 4208
Ronnie cell # 361-815-3035
Cindy cell # 361-815-5438
Back to top Go down
Noisey
Lifer
Noisey

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:41 pm

At the meeting on Tues, I heard that Ronnie & Cyndie will be staying at his Mom's house to recover because she will be in the wheelchair. His Mom's house is located behind Hoelscher's Electric. Not sure where that is, but I think it is on Hwy 44. Glad to see they are getting better. Love ya, Sparky & Ditzy !!!
Back to top Go down
Roundman
Lifer
Roundman

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Ronnie and Cynthia were at our chapter meeting last night. They are looking very well. Ronnie is still wearing a back brace and is dealing with it. Cynthia is up and walking around which is very good, she still has a brace on her arm with pins going into her arm to keep the bone in place while it heals. But she is able to give great big Gypsy Hugs to everyone. Keep them in your prayers, as they still have a very long road to full recovery.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Patch Holder

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Hello Everyone, just want to drop a line to all and let ya'll how things are going. Today we are chillin at our house and will be here till Sun evening. Cyn has gotten out of the wheelchair since last Monday which a milestone and a big step towards getting back to a normal life, she still has the brace on her wrist for 2 more weeks. Her doctor has commended her on
how good she is healing for a women her age LOL! I went in for a follow up ct scan on my back on Friday but won't know results till the 14th . Cyn was with the ct tech as it took pictures of my back and ribs and was having small talk with him wondering what all the fuss was about until the images of the T7 vertibrae came into view and an "O My God" came out of his mouth. Cyn said the vertibrae looked wierd. Yeah, well duh! I guess I may have to be in this darn back brace for a while. Thank the Lord for oxycodone! Yeah, I did get nipple for now but it looks like Joker will take it off my hands. Thank all of you for your support, cards, flowers and the visits. They ment so much to us and we can't wait to get back in the saddle again (whenever that will be). Get well Joker hope you heal fast. God Bless you all. GFFG!
Sparky & Ditzy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down   Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calallen Members "Ronnie and Cynthia" went down
Page 1 of 1