Calallen Gypsy MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Calallen Gypsy MC

Chapter of The Gypsy Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flat tires and blowouts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QwikStop
Patch Holder
QwikStop

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Flat tires and blowouts Empty
PostSubject: Flat tires and blowouts   Flat tires and blowouts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:25 pm

I found out the hard way, that its not a bad idea to carry a tire plug kit with you on long trips and be prepared for flats and blowouts--Bikes and cars.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roundman
Lifer
Roundman

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Flat tires and blowouts   Flat tires and blowouts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:11 am

I use the "plug&go" tire plugger. It inserts a rubber mushroom shaped plug. Does a good job, but you should practice with any of the repair kits on an old tire. On the side of the road is not the place to learn how to use it. Remember tire repair is just that, a repair, not a permanent fix. Happy motoring cheers
Back to top Go down
Roundman
Lifer
Roundman

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Flat tires and blowouts   Flat tires and blowouts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:21 pm

I've always said a repair is just that "a repair". But I am on my 3rd flat rear tire in about 2 years, each with about 2000 miles, one with a big nail, one with a large screw, the last one I don't know yet and at $200+ for a tire, well you know where this is going. I usually ride pretty fast, 2 up, and drag my trailer. With hot summer days heating up the tire, also it is a steel belt tire, what are your feelings on patching/plugging a tire for long term service?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat tires and blowouts   Flat tires and blowouts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flat tires and blowouts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Calallen Gypsy MC :: Calallen Gypsy MC :: Technical Discussions-
Jump to: